Gardening the Future
"A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in." --Greek proverb

Friday, August 18, 2006

Introduction

Here I am. I created this blog to place my rambling thoughts on the world, society and gardens. I am a gardener and biologist and a very concerned participant in a world on the eve of destruction. We are mining this world, farming it dry, and leaving the sacred cycles broken. I will attempt to put the pieces together here, or discover how they can be put back together in ways that work for all of us.

There are many, many others working on these same issues, and I am under no illusion that I am the smartest, wisest or best of us. I am just me. But my perspective is a little different than others, and maybe I can provide one or more pieces of the puzzle.

In any event, I will try. And in the spaces inbetween, talk about some of the things I love, plants, people, and perhaps even poetry.

2 Comments:

  • Gardening the future is a woderful title for a blog. I believe the answers truly do lie in gardening and eating and other consuming and other needs, it is the basis of war and peace as well.

    Hi My name is Rain, I just reading other peoples links, so I thought I would stop in.

    By Blogger Rain, at 9/11/2006 08:36:00 PM  

  • Thanks for stopping by, rain.

    By Blogger Michael, at 9/12/2006 11:39:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home